Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Update on The Little Guy

It has been a while once again, but I assure you that I will tell you as much as I can!

Noah has his ups and downs with his behavior.  Now, we are having problems with him going outside then running off to our neighbors house.  We have tried explaining to him that this is unacceptable, but he still seems to just go any opportunity he sees.  So, once again we are trying to figure out a way to board up the doors...and now....windows!  I had left the upper portion of Noah's window open about two inches, he decided to climb on top of his toy box (using a stool to get on that) and pull his window open further, then pushed the screen out!  This is some dangerous stuff!  So, Noah's window is to never be opened again unfortunately, no matter how nice the breeze may be!  But...we are working on them and with his communication becoming much better they are slowly subsiding as he understands when something is does is wrong.

Now, for some good behavior!  Noah has been going in his potty every now and then!  It's a start!!!!!  He is pretty nonchalant about it though!  The first few times he got really excited and now he is just like, 'eh, I got this.'  It's actually pretty good.  He always says, "all done" with the sign language to go with it!  Yup, he is pretty awesome.  His speech is been coming along marvelously!  He has reached the point where he attempts to copy everything you ask him to say, unless he is in a mood of course.  My absolute favorite word of his is kangaroo, "Kai-na-noo!"  It is adorable!

Noah is still attending Kinetic Kids Gym with his Kinetic Discovery class.  He has aged out of his "walkers" group into the "runners" one; so, now his classes are on Thursdays instead of Fridays.  Last week they learned about shapes and how to make them with their hands.  I think his favorite is triangle.  He still watches his Baby Einstein movies as well; which he learns a lot of sign language and new words from.  I am really surprised at how long the Baby Einstein's have lasted for him!  I think they are fantastic!  I would much rather have him watching those than some of the brain-damaging shows they have on the television these days.

Also, Noah has been slowly opening up his diet.  We have gotten a few things here and there that he has been willing to try!  It is quite funny when I take Noah to work with me...he always opens the fridge, points at the eggs, and says, "chick-e," which is 'chicken.'  He has learned that eggs come from chickens and now calls eggs chicken!  I laugh every time he does it and I correct him!  Then he says, "yea, egg."  Too cute!


Well, I think that should be enough for the moment and I will give you more soon!  I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.