Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's Been A While

We have had time pass before our eyes and watched our little baby boy grow from a small fetus to a handsome three year old.  He has attitude, tantrums, and makes our house look as if a cyclone hits it on a daily basis.  But the truth is, as every other parent would say, "it's worth it!".

Our son has had a delay in his speech, some would voice their opinion as, "he's autistic", "what's wrong with him," and so forth.  We decided to wait it out and see what happens.  He has never attended a daycare, been with a regular babysitter, or around multiple children every day.  We joined a playgroup a few months back to see if the interaction would help and sure enough it has.  We have since left the playgroup after finding some amazing friends to keep for life. 

Noah now has interaction with his friends, which he enjoys and his speech has come along phenomenally!  Every day that passes there is something that comes out of his little mouth that I have never heard him say before.  When I pulled up to the gas station the other day he said, "mom, you need gas?". I had no idea he knew "gas".

Of course, with the speech coming along he has many more opinions about what he should get.  So, as his parent, I have to work on not giving in to his every plea!  Also along with these verbal changes comes a bubbly happy boy with a funny personality! 

He makes my spouse and I laugh every day!  The other day Daddy wouldn't let Noah take his big truck out to eat...leading to a very disappointed child who wailed for about 15 minutes.  When we got into the car he said, "No pizza!  I can't smile, smile's broken, I'm sad!". Steven and I just looked at each other and tried so hard not to bust out laughing.  (Noah is uber sensitive so we have to be very careful of that!)

Okay folks, I think that is enough for you to read today, but there is plenty more to come!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.