Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Moment

A moment like this can never be taken from a mother.  When their child sees her from a distance and starts running with arms wide open.  It is a moment from a storybook; a true bonding moment where nothing matters except for that person.


The sun shone bright on a troubling day, a day where many people were sad, crying, and disturbed...but a little boy knew that his Mommy was there and that she continually cares about him.  In this moment, a realization occurs for the parent, an epiphany of trust in love.

When, as a friend, parent, sibling, or relative, do you become aware that love is an allegiance between two souls?  The attachment to another person has been a desire in my life in which I used to bombard others with. Yet now, I have my own little being walking around...and when I walk into the same room or space, a split second of pure bliss opens the air to tender devotion.  I will never be perfect and I will not always know what to say, but I will always be here and I will always support every endeavor in his life.

I took a step away from the pain and looked across the big yard to see my son skipping around with his Pop. A breathe of fresh air, I feel, I escape into the world of happiness and take a squat lower to the ground.  Our arms wide spread, open to the touch of love in only a matter of a second.


A sense of purity and satisfaction - I feel his head tucked into my shoulder as his right hand pats the other immediately showing me that everything is okay.  A child can sense the inner emotions when a parent tries ever so hard to keep them a secret.  We know this from the generous love they devote to us in the moments we need it the most.  Even when things get out of hand there is always love and simplicity.  All it takes is a split second to break down the complexity to a simple warming hug.  This moment is when a child nurtures his or her parent rather than vice versa.  A reality of which many of those who are not parents have not experienced.

Difficulties in life arise like a hurricane creating disaster and fiasco, but when you take a step out of the trap - you feel sane.  Nobody can take a moment like this away and to imagine the end of this love is a terrifying experience.  I cannot understand, fathom, or perceive how one can abandon this pure love between a parent and child.  It is disappointing and reckless, but at least now I have created this bond with my son.  I know the feeling and comprehend the experience of love.  I sympathize with those parents who have given up on this attachment because the receiving end is so rewarding.  It is an unmeasurable honor to be a mother of a child who has the ability to show so much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.