Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 13, 2010

Solicitors

Now that we have moved to a home-owners neighborhood and we are the only couple renting a house on our street.... solicitors seem to show up all the time.  They think we are homeowners and that we have money to put into all of these organizations, but unfortunately we do not.

Well, this morning a solicitor came to our house and rang the doorbell.  I have learned to not answer the door unless it is someone we know!  So I didn't answer and I peeked out the window to see who it was.  It was a man (probably in his 20's...the typical solicitor age) and he was buttoning up his yellow collared shirt.  Then he opened up our screen door to knock and I still didn't answer.  I was watching him through the window and then...oh my...and then...he took his empty water bottle and put it on our porch and left!  HE LITTERED ON OUR PORCH!

Seriously, it is a horrible thing to litter and he had to just do it on our porch.  He is one lucky man that I am such a nice person to not say something to him.  This irked my nerves to the extreme!  Well, as I waited for him to hit the next house I just contemplated on why he would do such a thing...and once he was gone I went to pick up his trash.  I was highly disappointed and am now considering a 'no soliciting' sign for our door!  I always thought those signs were rude, but now I just feel it might be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.