Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Squealing, Screaming, Terrible Twos

Well, as you all know...we have a toddler on our hands now.  One minute he is behaving as if you are blessed with the most well-behaved child.............then one second later it is like your life is a nightmare!  If you are also a parent, you are probably laughing at me because each parent has their turn, but you know exactly what we are going through here.

Noah has always been very shy, which has not been the best attribute in his personality.  He doesn't like anything to throw him off balance!  The other day we were at the grocery store check-out and Steven was putting the items on the conveyor belt; while I was handing him a thing or two from the top of the basket and watching Noah.  Well, Noah sees that there are a whole bunch of those 5 hour energy drinks right in front of him and he wanted to start playing with them....I didn't see anything wrong with a simple distraction to keep him quiet while we were in the check-out.  He wasn't drinking them or anything, just rearranging them on the little shelf.  So then I hear this woman next to me in the next isle start to correct Noah.  "NO, no, don't touch that, BAD!"  And she smacked his hand away!  I wanted to punch her in the face!  Noah came and crawled between my legs to hide from her and started to cry.  I looked at her and glared and then bent down to Noah and told him that everything was okay.  This upset me so much!  The woman looked at me as if I was incapable of being a parent, but I bet she probably doesn't even have a child!

Anyway...We are trying to add more activities into Noah's day to make him burn more energy and have a little more education.  Oh, and of course, we are attempting to begin potty training...so far it is going very slow.  I personally believe he may have to have a little bit more advanced speech before we can fully begin the journey, but he is saying basically a new word a day.

He seems to be quite spoiled rotten right now in which he screams whenever he doesn't get exactly what he wants...so we are trying to curtail that as quickly as possible!  We are going on a tour this afternoon at Kinetic Kids Gym to see the atmosphere and decide if the Kinetic Discovery Class is what we want to do for Noah to help him build social, developmental, and physical skills.  I will keep you posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.