Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Transition to a Talking Toddler

I know many toddlers out there that began speaking earlier on, but Noah wasn't one of them.  He has taken everything at his own pace and now those words are just starting to come daily!  Yesterday I went in Noah's room when he woke up and the first thing he did was pick up a dirty paper towel that was on the floor!  What made it funny was that he looked up at me and said "ew" and then handed it to me!  Then he consistently used the word throughout the day whenever he felt that someone was gross.

Today's new word is:  foot.  Noah and I were playing in the living room playing with Scout!  I included a picture below of the toy Scout so you could know what I was talking about.  Well, Noah was pushing his paw to hear the music and then he said, "foot."  I asked him what he said and he pointed specifically as Scout's paw and said, "foot."  I am so proud of him!


Lastly, I thought it was adorable this morning when I told Noah to say "Da-da."  (Daddy was still in bed at this point)  Noah then said "Da-da" in a whisper.  I told him, "No, say it really loud."  He then said it a little louder :)  Then I said, "Say it louder Noah."  He said, "DA-DA!!!"  I thought this was hilarious because I never made my voice louder to have him copy me, but he still understood :)  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.