Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 15, 2010

Cohabitation and Family

We as people may not always realize that there are changes to be made; whether we are labeled as a "good" human being or a "bad" one.  We are dependent on ourselves and others; we coexist.  Coexistence, along with, cohabitation.  In todays society we have come to the point where couples of both same-sex and opposite sex cohabitate without being married. 
In my circumstances, I am cohabitating with my fiance/father of my child -- this is considered normal in many cases and objectified in others.  To me it does not matter what others may think of it; I have created a family that started with a sexual relation.  Relationships can start with just a few months of time and turn out to be grand, people just have to accept that.  When people cohabitate, whether with a child or not, they are going to have problems, complications, and disagreements...it is NORMAL.  Choose to admit it or not, your choice, but I have decided to admit it.  We squeeze ourselves into tight spaces and closed walls with the people we love because we love them.  To clarify - example - Steven and I moved in together because we love each other and we were beginning a family together, we chose to take the hard route of living together because we love each other and want to be a family. 
Families work through things:  difficult, demanding, untroubled, and undisturbed.  Whatever the situation may hold, a family works through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.