Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Freckles and Traits

Freckles...Noah has 4 that we have found!  I always wondered why babies are not born with freckles and everything of that sort...but now they are starting to come in.  Freckles are a reaction to sun exposure...funny thing is that these four have all of a sudden showed up, yet Noah has been cooped inside due to the cold winter.  Interesting as they do show up though, the reason I noticed was because I was drying him off after a bath.  He has two on the inside of his right arm in the middle (the elbow area, just on the inner side); one on the "wenus" area of his left thumb; and lastly one on the center area of his back!  Funny how I all of a sudden noticed FOUR of them out of nowhere. I have always loved freckles, both Steven and I have them and I am so excited that Noah is starting to get some.
Another trait that Noah has is these "red dots" that I have, which I inherited from my father.  They are much like freckles, except they are red.  In particular I have a very large one on the tip of my nose.  Many times people mention that I have barbecue or pen on my nose.  I always have to ask if they are talking about my "red dot"  If so...it is just there, nothing I can do about it.  Anyway, Noah has a red dot on his nose also!  Two in fact:  one is on the side in the crease and the other is on the tip like mine, but his is very small and faint.  Speaking of traits...Noah has the same birth mark that I do.  Along with my father and younger brother.  We all inherited a red splotch that covers our whole head and over time has decreased in redness.  Although, both Noah and myself have the red splotch directly on our forehead.  Mine has faded almost entirely, but when I am upset it is very well noted.  Noah's is still bright enough that people ask if he hit his head or if it is a birth mark.  Honestly, I am just so proud that he inherited my birth mark, it is so rare and I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.