Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finally, I will tell you my dream...

Okay, for those of you who have been following me all along, you may remember that I kept you going with the idea of my telling you about my dream as a child.  Well, I think it is about time that I told you about that dream!
When I was growing up sleep was my utopia, everything was perfect.  My dreams were ongoing and every night I would pick up wherever the time before had left off (other than the occasional nightmares that would occur).  So, the main dream I had as a child that continued was myself as a mother.  I had a doll, he had a soft body with hard limbs and a hard head.  I called him Mikey, he was the most dear thing to me growing up.  Well, my little Mikey doll was a real baby boy in my dreams.  I was his mother and took care of him, even though I was at a young age.  I had bunk-beds in my room growing up and in my dream they transformed to a very unique bedding system for a mother and child.  I lived on the top bunk and there was a square release whole in the middle so when my child needed tending I would slide down the middle.  The outsides were boarded off, so from the bed all you could see were wood walls surrounding you.  In a way it created very close courters, but it was what kept privacy between my family of two and the rest of the people in the house.  In my dream I had a doorbell on the outside of my bedroom door and a mailbox, so it was like an efficiency room in a way.  It was so amazing how my tiny room became a home to me and Mikey in my dream.  I was such a good mother to him too.  Anyway, every night the dreams would continue and I was a young mother tending to my son in whatever ways needed...Now...you might ask, "where does this come into play now?"
This dream comes into play now because...Noah is my Mikey doll.  A while back I was holding Noah in my arms while he was sleeping and what did I see???  My Mikey doll:  Noah looked exactly like my Mikey did growing up and it was so amazing to realize that I was holding my true dream in my arms.  I couldn't imagine a better feeling than the epiphany of holding the identical child that you dreamt of your whole life, with the only exception being...the difference in the name.
Thus, the point in this story, is that Noah is my dream child, and I dreamt of him when I was just 5 years old, and I continued to dream of him throughout my entire childhood...it is truly amazing when dreams DO come true.  I didn't think I would ever be facinated with such a concept and when I found out I was pregnant or even had Noah in fact, I did not realize this.  I realized it that one night I was holding him in my arms and he was sleeping.  It was IDENTICAL to my dream as a child and Noah is Mikey, I am so glad that I finally got to meet him and I found out that my dreams as a child did mean something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.