Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 15, 2010

Preparing for a Trip

Well, some of you readers may know and others may not, but Noah and I are about to take a trip to Idaho to visit a cousin.  This particular cousin happens to be my ultimate best friend in life and is my second cousin...which makes her Noah's third cousin.  It may seem distant but she is the closest person I have that relates to everything in my life.  Anyway, she is on the verge of giving birth to her baby girl, Serenity Addison Grover.  I am thoroughly excited to be visiting this coming weekend, which was originally going to be a surprise for Megan (my cousin).  Her fiance and other family members have planned her baby shower for this weekend and called me up saying, "if we can fly you and Noah out, can you come?"  Well, of course, who says "no" to that!?
So, I am heading to Idaho on Thursday morning and returning on Monday afternoon.  I get to spend a weekend there and gratefully can get away from all this white snowing lying around my small town.  Although I am truly thrilled to be going on this trip, I am scared out of my mind to be taking Noah on his first plane ride at the age of 13.5 months.  There are so many questions I have and preventative items that I want to obtain to make sure he is happy while on a plane!  I do not want to disturb other passengers, so I am thinking an isle seat would be best so that he can play within the isle and have more room to move around to keep entertained.  Then I am thinking about toys...well no noisy ones of course!  Food...what are we allowed to bring in the carry on these days?  It is questionable!
Anyway, my point of this post is to explain that I am very nervous about taking Noah on a full day of traveling starting at about 6 AM.  It takes about an 2 hours to get to the airport, and you have to arrive two hours before departure, then we have a connecting flight with a 2 hour layover...and we will not arrive in Idaho until approx. 4 PM.  So, thus, we have a very long day of traveling and Mommy is very worried about how cranky dear little Noah will become.  Steven and I bought Noah a "first plane trip present," it is one of those neck pillows and of course...it has a monkey on it :)  We also got him a  new blanket with a monkey on it, so hopefully those little comforts will help to keep him at ease.  I am hoping that it is possible to get him to take a little nap at some point on this trip.
Wish me luck.  Please comment if you have any tips or ideas for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.