Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Frustrations with School, Baby, and Sleep

As you might have noticed already, I am a mom in college.  My son, Noah, is a year and 3 weeks old.  He has grown up quite quickly.  I am coming to an end of my college career...at least for now.  I will be graduating in the spring with my BA in English and unfortunately, not with honors.  I really thought that I was going to get honors, but yesterday when I calculated my GPA I found out that I am not quite close enough to pull it off before May 16th.  


Anyway, right now I am in what they call "interterm," which is a term between two terms :)  other schools may call this "winter session."  I am taking a philosophy course on morals and ethics, quite interesting in fact.  When it comes to the reading though, that is another story!  The readings are the type where you have to have your complete concentration on it and absolutely nothing else...which becomes problematic in my situation considering my son consumes my attention the majority of the time.  I have to wait until the little one gets into bed to get any homework done...but here is my problem:  Noah is off his schedule right now for some reason.  He used to wake up every morning around eight or nine o'clock, but lately he hasn't been waking up until after I get home from class.  Which sometimes is around noon and others not until two, so the problem creates him wanting to stay up later considering he slept in later.  So, when I get home from school and see my lovely fiance still asleep in bed and Noah still asleep when I get home, it creates an array of frustration. 


I either have to go bed when Noah goes to bed and wake up early to do my homework or I have to stay up late and still wake up early.  I mean, not as early as if I had not done my homework, but I still have to drive to the school to print out my work, considering my printer's cord is no longer functioning and I do not have the time or money to fix it.  So, I have been choosing both methods to get my work done based on my exhaustion, but I am starting to realize that either way creates the same amount of exhaustion.


Considering I get decent grades and I try to manage my time wisely, I feel as if I do a pretty good job...but when it comes to taking care of myself there is some sort of constraint there.  I try to keep looking good, but I am a Mom and have not had any time to lose the 40 lbs I gained throughout the pregnancy.  Granted that some of that weight was probably unnecessary because I ate so much with the excuse of expecting.  Being tired is something that I am unsure whether I can help or not though, you tell me, is it something you can prevent? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.