Noah's Journey to Three

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Fearless Endeavor




Consequently after having sexual relations with no intended protection, one may wind up "expecting" when not expected!  Now, you may realize my unsubstantial amount of worry during the process of making my child, but in fact I did get pregnant.  These things happen more and more whether the human society would like to admit it or not.  I am normal or maybe that would just be a statistic because I really do not feel subjective to the norms.


I am accustomed to living my life in a way that from I see the majority of society doesn't do.
Although there are a percentage of statistics stating I am inferior to the populations domestic living.  I rationalize about my life on a daily basis, recognizing that I am a student mother.  Now, here is something to ponder about:  I took a creative writing course last semester, in which I started the journey on my memoir.  Okay, so in my memoir, page 21, as of now I say,


"After what seemed like an hour, they called my name.  I looked at Steven and he encouraged me to step up so that they knew I was present.  We walked back, and he held my hand.  I was shaking.  I am so scared.  I don’t like it when people judge me and these stupid people just think I am some teen mom, but actually I am a college student!  I am a competent adult not a teenager with the knowledge of an inchworm.  I can handle this situation.  Why does everyone have to think that I am some incompetent miscreant?"


Now, remember that I stated I began this journey in my creative writing course.  So, I would write and then bring it to class for people to review, critique, and give suggestions...and this girl in my class says, "I do not really see a difference between a teen mom and a college mom.  They are both in school, so it is the same situation."  Well, my dear little friend, it is not the same thing!  I will defend that statement until I die!  I didn't have a baby while I was in my teenage years, I didn't have a baby while I was in high school.  I graduated high school and I had my baby when I was twenty years old.  There is a substantial difference between the two, I am an adult, a teen mom is still a child herself.  Does any one out there agree with me on this?


Yes, I will admit, I am a young mother, but I am not by any means a teenage mother. 
Anyway, the idea of my memoir is to get across the point that people can have a child and still live their life.  It is not an easy endeavor, but I was confident in my choice to have my child and I am the happiest I have ever been.  My pride and joy lays in the core of motherhood, my child.
My fearless endeavor can be attributed to two ideas:  my choice of pro-life AND my choice to write this memoir.


Remember, this memoir is not to be a pretty portrayal of having a child in college.  It is to show the struggles that I have encountered and learned how to push through.  Which means, I am not portraying people in the best or worst lights favorably.  I am simply telling the truth, what lies between the core of what people don't get to see on the outside.  Parenthood is not easy, there are rough days (like my previous post about yesterday) and nice days (like today).

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Noah From Mommy

To Noah From Mommy
I really enjoyed creating this piece, it was super hard to get into this format, but it is just absolutely wonderful.